it has just made life in the Village more 'interesting' than some of us like
Newest at top:
More November Updates: Photo Update on new equipment at True Grit Fitness
See the picture of the PROGRESS on the Deck at Better Days!
6 November, New Profile of another New Business in Tilton! Autumn Fields on the lake
Major Photo Essay! The Tilton 5K and Car Show, fighting cancer and having fun... (if, that is, you think running three miles is fun).
The Brand New Place has a Brand New Piece of Equipment! It's still a good place for a great breakfast.... ... or is that a great place for a good.... Well anyway, check it out!
Profile: "Since Yesterday!"... she wasn't kidding.
We profile the Brand New restaurant in Tilton: Lupita's Family Restaurant.
There is also now a link to their FB page on the profile!
4 July News from Better Days Cocktail Bar!
3 May: Another Tilton Business is opening a new location in the Big City, well, bigger city, See Where and When True Grit is going.
1 May: It would seem that 16th Street, and Lane Street in Tilton are, shall we say, having a bit of work done.
Short video showing the progress- "Lane Street -vs- a big digger'!"
sorry, the video isn't the best quality, and as it is an AVI, it won't stream online, our video camera is old, and cheap, and small.... but it worked well enough for what we needed
20 April: An Update from Mr. Imeri at Rich's Family Restaurant, we stopped by and got the prices and took a picture to make you hungry!
3 April: We stop by a long established business in Hegeler and watch them smile while they take care of several regular customers.
We answer some of the questions that have been asked about this effort in: "Why are you doing.....?"
SPECIAL FEATURE: A Photo Essay of the Tilton Area Businesses and Groups who participated in the AMBUCS Home and Living Expo! (the 'home show' to everybody else).
also - TiltonProgress.com will be setting up an interview and discussion with Tilton Mayor David Phillips in the near future. A 'profile page' of various Village features will be posted shortly.
The Village and it's Mayor has been added to this site's FB page, and other 'cross linking' is in progress (pun? what pun?).
It is also worth noting that this page will remain independent of the Village.
the Village of Tilton's official webpage is: http://www.tiltonil.com.
ALSO, TiltonProgress.com is supporting and will be covering this event:
Tilton Toe-to-Tow 5K Color Run and Car Show, to support Cancer Care, August 18 at the Tilton Ballpark. For more information visit:
Seven Questions and a couple of pictures With:
- Lupita's Family Restaurant, we catch them on their second day in business!
- Another Tilton Area Business is profiled: Brazas Cut Rate Liquors in Hegeler.
- The South Route One Plaza brings us to Apparel Unlimited, Red Wing Shoes, and California Tanning!
- Mike's Grill, and... Mike's Chill! Two unique landmarks along Rt 1.
- Better Days Cocktail Bar, they totally changed their business, but, they're STILL open for business!
"Play the cards you're dealt and do the best you can!" - Mr Trinkle, Owner.
- Travel Trailers Sales and Service, we get to ask the owner, the vice president, and the sales manager our questions.
- WITY radio, TiltonProgress sees where 'the magic happens'.
- Cabinet City Granite and Marble, a Tilton business that recently expanded to Urbana.
- Our first profile of the local edition of a national chain takes us to Tilton's Family Dollar who is looking for new employees!
- The Green Jade, did you know that Tilton's Chinese restaurant has been here for sixteen years?
- Imagine Salon, a 'snow day' takes us to see Ms Nikki who seems to think The Desk needs a haircut.
- Truscelli's Collision Repair, Mike knows well enough to listen when the lady behind the desk says something!
- Rich's Family Restaurant, we spend a few minutes talking to "Mr. Rich" about his three area restaurants.
- Carnaghi Towing and Repair, another Fourth Generation local business, and one of the oldest of its type in the USA!
- Our first profile with an Area Business (just outside of Tilton) brings us F5 Firearms, LLC, and one of the owners!
- Burke Spring and Alignment, the CFO is quite proud of her family's business, and rightly so.
- Blackie's Heating and Cooling, we chat with the current "Blackie", the Fourth Generation in the family business!
- Tilton Laundry Inc. At the same location since... well, nobody seems to know how long, "almost forever".
- Vermilion Chevrolet - Buick - GMC, in their 'state of the art' facility opened in 2015.
- The Depot Fireplace and Stove Center, and an interview by firelight!
- Tilton Pro-Lube, a locally owned and operated business for 20 years!
- StaffQuick, employment agency, in business in Tilton since 2014.
- True Grit Fitness, training facility in Tilton, recently expanded.
- More To Come!
- Tilton's Community Center is available for event rentals.
- we'll be doing more as we go!
With links to their websites and FB pages.
If we missed one, let us know, it will be added in the next update.
If you wish to contact us about a profile, or schedule a visit, please use either address below:
Email Tilton Progress at TiltonProgress(-at-)gmail(-dot-)com
or at Email(-at-)TiltonProgress(-dot-)com
Tilton Progress has two outlets on Facebook:
The group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/1787801107960009/
the page is: https://www.facebook.com/TiltonProgress/
Tilton Progress is on Google's G+: https://plus.google.com and there is now a G+ group for Vermilion County, Illinois, make sure you look for that as well.
Tilton Progress is also on Nextdoor.com although you have to be a member to see the posts.
Please visit our Guestbook.
NOTE: Due to the extreme cold / thick fog / high winds / etc, which has been worse for digital photography equipment than it has for photographers, the launch of the new website has been postponed until the guy on the radio stops saying "Below Zero" and "winter weather advisory" so much.
We went LIVE in January 2018 with local buiness profiles and information on other aspects of Tilton.
Coming Soon: profiles of other Organizations in the Village!
This Website and related content is NOT sponsored or approved by the Village of Tilton. The village's official webpage is: http://www.tiltonil.com/.
All material on the site is owned and maintained by themediadesk.com unless otherwise stated.
All Material on this website, including audio files, are copyrighted by the Desk as of the date of posting unless otherwise indicated.
See Intellectual Property and Copyright Statement (paragraphs 3, 5, 7, 10, and 23 (photos)) on TheMediaDesk.com
The URL of this website is: http://tiltonprogress.com